Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am a design nerd



Your Ad Here



Check out these Design images:

I am a design nerd



Your Ad Here





Design


Image by Sidereal

How it happened, this British company recently started selling this incredibly cool set of Pantone© coffee mugs. They're sold out right now, ok? Surprise, surprise.

Anyways, I just wanted the ultramarine 286C jobbie, because 286C is as close to International Klein Blue as I've seen[1] and that's my favorite color in the entire universe, and it should be yours too, if it isn't then you're probably still ok but maybe there's something a little wrong with you.

But they don't sell them individually, yet - only in sets of ten, and you can't choose the colors, and they don't ship outside the EU. (Just wait, I'll bet they're cooking up a business model right now that will let you order singles in any Pantone color. Because the Army of Design Nerds wants them.)

ANYWAYS, thwarted I was, so I loaded up my favorite image processing software and made a simple Yves Klein Blue rectangle[2], stuck some Gill Sans MT on the bottom, and uploaded it to Cafe Press, who will print anything on anything.

Wallah, got it in the mail today, and I does lurves it. US for the mug, US shipping, so it's not a trifle. But, you know.

Can't wait for the big meeting tomorrow at work, everyone will be asking me about it - I just know it.

[1] differing opinions welcome, my designy friends
[2] no naked models were involved

Logo design for TMU

Design


Image by Nod Young




Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment